In addition to domain name which you need in setting up your own website, you also need to have your own webhosting account.
The webhost is where you are going to upload the program files so that your website can be made viewable to the internet. This is where you will be installing your own self-hosted WordPress.
Purchase a webhosting account at HostGator. Instructions are as follows:
1. Go to HostGator’s Shared Webhosting page to create an account. Hostgator is still the best and well trusted webhost provider.
2. Choose a package that suits your budget.
3. If you’re planning to build more than one website, it is highly recommended that you choose the Baby Plan as it allows you to host unlimited domains. The Hatchling Plan, though very cheap, only allows you to host one domain. In this tutorial, I choose the Business Plan.
4. Click ORDER NOW button. You should seeing page:
5. Since we’ve already registered our domain in this tutorial, simply enter your domain on the right box.
6. Replace the current coupon code (SPRING) to AZHUBSDISCOUNT to get 5% more discount.
The SPRING promo code will give you 20% OFF while the AZHUBSDISCOUNT will give you 25% OFF. You get 5% more discount.
7. Click “CONTINUE TO STEP 2“.
8. Fill-in billing information and other payment details. You have the option to pay using your credit card or pay using your PayPal account. Confirm and finish the order.
Categories: Wordpress Tutorials